Mozilla is looking for a senior product manager with experience defining, delivering and evolving new developer program product offerings. You will be responsible for increasing the value of our developer ecosystem and expanding our award-winning MDN brand. Mozilla's developer program starts from MDN Web Docs -- our evolving learning platform for web technologies and the software that powers the web -- and also includes advocacy on behalf of developers and creators, evangelism of current and future technologies, and engagement in open standards and community outreach.
As a member of the Developer Outreach team, you'll be a key part of our mission to make it easy for developers to succeed in building compelling, valued experiences for their users. That mission is a reflection of Mozilla's mission to ensure the Internet is a global public resource open and accessible to all. You are motivated by love of the web, are familiar with web technologies and web development, and understand the challenges and opportunities of web technologies as well as the needs of developers and creators. You have empathy for the needs and frustrations of developers, and are motivated to work on things developers will love and which promote their success.
You will be responsible for driving large programs from conception to launch to adoption. This role combines program, content, partner, and software responsibilities. You have experience working in a modern, agile development environment across all phases of the software development lifecycle, with a solid understanding of both the excitement and challenges at each phase. You will work with product and engineering leads to define roadmaps for developer-facing products, organize cross-functional teams across organizations to deliver on product vision and roadmaps, and drive clarity on status, risks, and mitigations for important deliverables.
- Drive developer program adoption and increase engagement across Mozilla's developer ecosystem.
- Be a voice for the developers who use our platform. You understand challenges developers experience and want to ensure they are successful using our developer program. You collect and synthesize insights from developers and turn them into strategies to improve program offerings while fostering an awesome developer experience.
- Define, implement, operate, and optimize a scalable and sustainable (self-funding) developer membership program that reflects developer needs and is aligned with the Mozilla mission.
- Work cross-functionally to identify, evaluate, and prioritize revenue opportunities (including new products/business opportunities and the expansion of existing products and programs) within and across our developer programs and products.
- You own programs & products from initial ideation through implementation. Develop efficient and scalable processes and systems for revenue programs. Integrate insights from usability studies, research and market analysis into requirements that drive optimization and improvements.
- You will establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities and aligning internal and external expectations with progress, budget, dependencies, action items, issues and risks.
- Collaborate with business development to develop long-term strategic partnerships, forecasting processes and models, and integrated statistical and business insights on expected financial performance.
- Help define and prioritize the market segments, customer base, and use cases we target through a go-to-market strategy.
- Timely, clear and effective communications to executive management on plans, status and critical issues. Call out urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
- Experience building and running membership-style programs is highly desirable, combining an understanding of how to craft programs that provide ongoing tangible value to participants with operational knowledge of handling member accounts, services, and financials. Ability to educate and evangelize member program practices internally.
- Excellent product management skills and a track-record of bringing new products to market. Responsible for the product roadmap and orchestrating a portfolio of product offerings. Effectively lead cross-functional teams to deliver for our customers. Bias-to-action and hands-on experience delivering business results.
- Flexible and creative business thinker with the ability to define business trade-offs, generate solutions and manage uncertainty. Make business cases for new products and features. Familiarity with B2B sales is a nice to have.
- Capable of working closely with engineering in a scrum agile environment. Strong technical understanding and ability to establish credibility with engineers. Ability to goal, measure, and drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on time.
- Strong analytical abilities & technical acumen along with knowledge of product and program management principles. Knack for gleaning customer insights from quantitative and qualitative data. Prior experience developing wireframes and product specs is helpful
- Knowledge of developer platforms highly desirable. Prior experience building successful developer platforms is a plus, including experience with platform standardization and testability.
- Clear written and oral communication, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills and can influence and communicate effectively. Ideally, be comfortable presenting to customers and internal audiences.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.