Raytheon's IIS is seeking an early career candidate who will report to the Navigation, Modernization, and Solutions Subcontracts lead. The candidate will be trained to source, negotiate, award, document and manage agreements for material and services.
Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic learner with a business mind to be mentored in the field of subcontracts administration. This candidate will work in a fast paced environment where excellence in the use of Excel, written and verbal communication, and comfort with navigating online databases will play a key role. Someone who has a keen business acumen and willingness to listen and learn will shine in this role. Attention to detail and the desire to problem-solve when faced with challenges will be integral to this person’s success. This is a unique opportunity to grow in knowledge and experience in a field that is ever growing and always in demand. Someone with an organized and analytical mind will thrive in this role where one must place an emphasis on the application of government law and the interpretation of the FAR as it applies to their subcontracts.
- Create and track subcontract details in Excel, Word, and online databases, as required
- Timely completion, entry, and submission of contractual documents online
- Report generation and interpretation for customers and subcontractors
- Timely responsiveness to customer and subcontractor inquiries
- Execution and modification of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Daily communication of program needs and concerns
- Ability to accept guidance, organize priorities, and follow through with a variety of tasks on a daily basis
- Demonstrate ability and desire to work well with others on the team
- Willingness to ask questions, research answers, and offer solutions
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services (IIS) is seeking a Subcontract Specialist I for the Navigation, Modernization and Solutions (NMS) Mission Area. If you enjoy a fast paced work environment with ever-evolving challenges, customers and partners and you consider yourself a collaborative problem-solver, then you just might be the candidate we are seeking!
- Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain SECRET Security Clearance
- Minimum 2 years supply chain experience is required
- Experience working collaboratively with others within a diverse team environment and across multiple disciplines
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where you planned, organized and prioritized your work
- The ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers
- Strong problem solving, negotiation and organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office® suite or similar software programs
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience supporting business and functional deliverables
- Experience in supply chain, contracts or other business functions with transferable skills
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or other Business-related degree
- Procurement or other experience in a DoD environment (FAR/DFAR)
- Placement of Purchase Orders that are of medium to high complexity
- Management of Firm Fixed Priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
- Management of Flexibly Priced contracts in a compliant and effective manner
- Experience participating in or leading negotiations
- Familiarity working with financials, including budgets and cost details
- Manage subcontracts where Earned Value is a requirement
- Perform Price and Cost Analysis
- Project management skills
- Working in a SAP based environment
- Develop and utilize financial modeling
- Ability to understand technical requirements of procured parts, including Statements of Work (SOW)
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or other Business or related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience)
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.