GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Providespatient pre-operative and post-operative instructions. Pre-Op, Recover & Circulate as needed. Administer IVsedation. Follow procedure for State inspections.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to Physician and Administrator.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Combination of office, exam & operating room setting. Prolonged standing. Lifting/moving patients. Frequent contact with sick, tempered and emotional patients. Overtime may be required. Must be able to react properly to stressful situations and demonstrate clinical competence and sound knowledge base.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- All patient care duties including pre-operative and post-operative instructions.
- Discharge patients following surgery.
- Circulate cases and recover patients from IV sedation and General Anesthesia.
- Meet with Physician and Coordinators to plan office & surgery schedule one week prior.
- Review charts 3-4 days prior for all appropriate paperwork (labs, ekg, clearances, consents & photos) assist coordinators with any special surgical clearances pending.
- Call all surgery patients at least two days prior to assign surgery times, review pre-op instructions, answer questions and schedule follow up appointments.
- Assign staff for each day to include making arrangements for PRN help if needed.
- Anticipate for and adjust schedule to allow for Quickstitch and MOHS closures on assigned days.
- Responsible for rearranging staff to cover any unanticipated absence or illness of other team members.
- Consult with CRNA’s regarding scheduled surgeries, forward schedule with patient phone numbers the day prior to surgery.
- Delegate tasks to team members according to strengths, chart review, calling post op patients, dictation filing and special projects.
- Wound care, dressing changes, removal of sutures, staples and drains.
- Assist with consultations, new patients, minor procedures & follow ups.
- Setup and assist with minor procedures as needed. Serve as a floater on minor days to assist with patient flow, help turn over rooms, take frozen section reports & monitor ASC for arriving patients.
- Download pictures to Mirror/TouchMD computer.
- Call in Physicians prescription orders for patients.
- Satellite office travel and patient care while at satellite location.
- Triage patient phone calls and provide consultation as needed.
- Answers voicemail and returns patient calls promptly daily.
- Arrange any special order surgical needs; Implants, Alloderm, Meds, Wound Vac, etc.
- Maintains records reporting deflations, replacements, returns & refunds and notifies Administration of such.
- Maintains and reviews charts keeps current log of all overnight patients and verifies signed physicians orders.
- Confirm that all patients scheduled to stay in 23hr unit overnight are logged.
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
- Follow through with assignments for State inspections.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $27.00 to $34.00 /hour
- Savannah, GA 31405 (Preferred)
- Hospital-based Diploma (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Current State Nursing License
Work from Home: