Full Job Description
Lead the development of proposals or major proposal volumes and sections, coordinate numerous proposal efforts simultaneously, and interface with senior management and executive leadership regularly. Oversee internal proposal team resources to ensure the appropriate response to requests for proposals (RFPs) and the timely submission of proposals and additional information requests. Advise and counsel the organization and play a role in overall functional strategic planning. Use professional concepts when resolving critical issues and broad design matters and work on issues that impact design and selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies. Create formal networks with key decision makers and serve as an external spokesperson for the organization, as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in a federal proposal volume development, grant development, or technical writing role
- Experience with coordinating among diverse teams from various organizational levels from the prime, subcontractor, and consultant businesses
- Experience in working closely with business area operations, business development leads, and pricing leads to ensure the alignment of technical, management, and cost and price strategies
- Experience with defined business development processes, including phases and gates
- Ability to compile or analyzing staffing models or plans, management, past performance, and resumes for IT, systems engineering, and professional services opportunities
- Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- HS diploma or GED and 9 years of experience with proposal writing or BA or BS degree
- Experience with proposal compliance audits
- Experience with delivering project solutions to federal clients
- Ability to build, modify, and communicate activities through cost and staffing models and standardizing processes to increase efficiencies in developing and documenting staffing model solutions
- Ability to plan and coordinate proposal resources, including people and schedules, and communicate status to firm leadership regularly
- Ability to produce schedules, templates, and other proposal documentation using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Ability to serve as a team leader to coordinate numerous major proposal efforts at the same time, provide leadership to junior employees, and supervise the activities of others
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.