SRAM is seeking a Full Time Senior Software Engineer (Mobile) to be based in Chicago, IL. We are not able to consider a contract based hire at this time.
Purpose for Senior Software Engineer:
Contribute to the software engineering on new electronic product development across a variety of SRAM brands and product categories. Guide and develop new mobile-centric capabilities to interact with SRAM electronic products.
- Join a small team with big impact at an established, stable company. Enjoy a collaborative peer environment where we're all learning from each other as we continue to create new, innovative electronic cycling systems.
- Contribute to electronic and software designs working in concert with mechanical systems. Be part of a team creating a physical product you can see, touch, and use.
- Take satisfaction seeing your work from initial concept through to full production and market launch.
- Enjoy being part of a team dedicated to quality, focused on reliability, and proud of what we create.
Job Responsibilities for Senior Software Engineer:
- Serve as a lead technical resource in the design and development of native and multi-platform mobile software architectures that communicate with embedded systems. Application code written using a combination of native iOS, native Android, and hybrid frameworks allowing rapid development across relevant devices. Collaborate with outside vendors for design and implementation execution where necessary.
- Write well designed, testable, effective code. Conduct and contribute to code reviews for mobile and embedded software. Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures.
- Support projects from inception through product launch within a global team setting. Work closely with team leaders and product managers to understand and refine product concepts. Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a globally distributed team.
Required Qualifications for Senior Software Engineer:
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years as software developer, including examples of app store accepted software released to customers.
- Solid mastery of software development tools including build management, debuggers, version control, bug tracking, and automated test.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Strong interpersonal and team skills are required.
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- iOS/Xcode native development
- Android Studio native development
- Ionic, Cordova or other hybrid mobile app development
Desired Experience for Senior Software Engineer:
- Work within a quality-driven culture, where brand reputation is made or lost based on the reliability of released code.
- Mobile code that interfaces with embedded software or back-end web applications: Bluetooth / BLE / Bluetooth Smart, 802.15.4 / Zigbee, ANT personal network protocol, relational databases / SQL, or back-end cloud solution architecture and development (Amazon AWS, Azure).
- Development within established agile software development methodologies and automated continuous integration.
- Work within an international cross-functional team.
Benefits for Senior Software Engineer:
- Choose from 4 Medical plans, 2 Dental plans and Vision coverage
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA and HSA
- Health Advocate – assistance with clinical and administrative issues involving healthcare and billing needs
- Term Life Insurance and AD&D equal to 1x your annual base salary
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match Program
- Time Off
- Employees accrue up to 4 weeks of vacation per year, based on tenure
- 12 paid holidays
- 8 hours paid time off annually to volunteer with fellow SRAMmies through our Community Committee
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- Shower and locker facilities, lunchtime rides and workout opportunities, casual dress code, bring your dog to work and company gatherings
- Advocacy through programs such as World Bicycle Relief and SRAM Cycling Fund
- Employee Purchase Programs
Job Type: Full-time
- software development: 5 years (Required)