Back to all Jobs
Program Coordinator - VOCA (Aging Commission) (Open Positions: 1)
Closes On: October 16, 2019 at 11:59 PM CST
Department: Aging Commission of the Midsouth
Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $2,986.83 Monthly - Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education
Details: Requisition #19-53719 Apply Now
This position will advocate and seamlessly locate, coordinate, and ensure the provision of both emergency and long-term victim-centered services and resources to elder and vulnerable adult victims of crime in the planning and service area which consists of Fayette, Lauderdale, Tipton and Shelby County.
Pay Grade: 46
1. Four (4) years of experience in case management, social services or closely related field; and
2. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in social work, gerontology or closely related field; OR
3. An equivalent combination of related education and/or experience.
4. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Arranges for the provision of emergency, victim centered services and resources as specified through policy and procedure and contract.
2. Facilitates meetings and conducts education and outreach events to inform stakeholders and the general public about the Collaborative Response to Elder Abuse and Vulnerable Adult Abuse (CREVAA) program.
3. Assists with the drafting and reviewing of policies and procedures pertaining to the delivery of services.
4. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with law enforcement, adult protective services, and social service agencies.
5. Locates, coordinates and ensures the provision of both emergency and long-term victim-centered services and resources to older and vulnerable adult victims of crime in the planning and service area.
6. Provides outreach and education on the availability of services through the CREVAA program to stakeholders and the public citizens.
7. Accepts and screens referrals of elder and vulnerable adult victims of crime for emergency and long-term services.
8. Collects and reports program data.
9. Documents all consumer contacts in the Social Assessment Management Software (SAMS).
10. Documents all outreach activities/events, including sign-in sheets as appropriate.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
KSAs and Others -
1. Ability to engage effectively in problem solving and empower others to do so.
2. Skills in communicating effectively with diverse populations.
3. Knowledge or the ability to comprehend federal and state regulations related to elder and vulnerable adult abuse, neglect, and exploitation
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to establish working relationships with clients and stakeholders.
6. Ability to facilitate, coordinate, and lead meetings of stakeholders and the general public
7. Ability to manage multiple activities while meeting deadlines.
8. Ability to use a personal computer and software packages.
9. Ability to work with diverse populations and groups.
1. Must possess a valid Tennessee driver’s license or secure one by date of employment.
2. Must have daily access to an operable automobile and meet county standards for automobile insurance upon date of employment.
3. Must pass background checks to include: Criminal history background check, Tennessee Abuse Registry, Tennessee Felony Offender registry and the National and Tennessee Sexual Offender Registry.
4. Must seek Alliance of Information and Referral Systems certification in Aging & Disability Services after one year of employment.