The Cabinet/Exhibit Builder is a hands-on, detailed-oriented position that entails independently following through with each task that is given from start to finish. The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
· Complete the fabrication of high-quality events, trade show exhibits, corporate interiors, permanent and temporary solutions. (this will include travel to locations to assist with on-site installations)
· Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to troubleshoot production issues and make necessary adjustments to consistently produce quality finished pieces and ensure on-time delivery.
· Understand tool selection, cutting and finishing of materials such as plywood, acrylic, dibond, sintra and aluminum. We will provide training for products that the candidate is not familiar with and to establish quality control and standards that are required.
· Utilize spray adhesive to apply plastic and metal sheet laminates, router trim and file finish high-quality pieces.
· Spray booth experience with high quality finishes.
· High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality required.
· Maintain a safe and orderly work area by cleaning machines and performing preventive maintenance while adhering to all safety procedures and regulations.
· Collaborate with production team making recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
· Additional responsibilities and projects as assigned.
· Trade Show/Experiential Marketing experience preferred, but not required. We can train on Industry best practices and standards.
· Summer travel is required within New York/CT but you will return home each day.
· Must reside within 30 miles of company
· Minimum of a High School diploma and/or Technical School equivalent.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar field and a minimum of 2 years’ wood shop-related experience.
· Valid driver’s license.
· General safety knowledge and situational awareness in production wood shop environment.
· Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
· Extensive knowledge of hand/power wood shop equipment.
· Experience in reading blueprints production drawings.
· Effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
· Ability to prioritize, adhering to department deadlines while maintaining a “can do” approach to projects.
· Ability to work independently to prioritize and accomplish tasks from start to completion with co-workers.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with co-workers.
· Salary commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time