- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Network Support
CloudSimple is an exciting startup backed by blue-chip investors in Silicon Valley. At CloudSimple, we are building next generation cloud infrastructure that delivers Private Cloud-as-a-Service with a specific focus on enterprises application workloads running in Public Cloud data centers. We are looking for a seasoned systems operation and Networking expert to lead initiatives focused on systems infrastructure management within a high volume, fast scaling environment. We are looking for an accomplished network engineer to support our cloud service customers. NOTE: An ideal candidate has worked in a networking support function in enterprise data centers and Public Cloud.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsibility for Level 1, Level 2 support for networking in large-scale cloud data centers, including focus on network operational support and monitoring.
- Administrate networking technologies, with hands-on support for Arista, Cumulus, Cisco and Juniper networking gear.
- Hands-on troubleshooting of virtualized infrastructure, with specific focus on VMware products, such as vSphere, vCenter, vRA, vSAN and NSX SDN.
- Drive reliability and supportability aspects of Cloud service by creating knowledgebase and, working with DevOps, coordinate change management policies, deploy ticket/incident management system, service request queue triaging and auto-remediation.
- Utilize your advanced system architecture & administration skills for collaboration with engineering and product management, test and automation teams to architect and develop strategic and tactical solutions.
- Develop requirements for customer onboarding processes, target environment sizing and migration automations.
- 7+ years of experience of increasing responsibility in data center support roles, including team and process management responsibilities. Experience with Software-defined and Cloud data centers is a must.
- Deep experience with Physical Networks, including Cisco and Arista switches, and Software-defined Networks, is a must.
- Prior successful experience of working in an innovative, fast-paced startup with a high rate of flux. The candidate must demonstrate strong entrepreneurial spirit and vigor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating detailed technical design documents, facilitate design reviews, and execution of design implementation projects.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Must be an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Deep technical roots in data center networking technologies:
- Experience in Networking administration is required – Layer 2/3, Cisco switches, Arista switches, Load Balancers, VPN, Network Virtualization, BGP, OSPF.
- Understand datacenter networking fabric topologies and common architectures, particularly in the Public Cloud data centers is required.
- Large-scale Linux production environments, preferably as part of a Cloud service provider environment is required.
- Understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDS, SDN) is a strong plus.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute/VNET is a strong plus.
- Virtualization technologies, in particular VMware product suite (vCenter, ESXi, vSAN, NSX) is a strong plus.
- Professional Certifications, such as CISSP, CCIE, VCIX-NV, VCDX6-NV, VCAP and VCP is a strong plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- VMware vSphere, vCenter, VSAN, NSX: 2 years (Preferred)
- Network Support and Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN): 2 years (Preferred)
- Arista, Cisco, Juniper: 3 years (Preferred)
- CISSP, CCIE, VCIX-NV, VCDX6-NV, VCAP and VCP (Preferred)