Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America’s foremost property management firm. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Security ensures the highest possible level of service is being offered to residents, guests, and service providers. Security is responsible for meeting, greeting, and registering guests and residents, as well as maintaining the safety of the property. Security accurately maintains daily logs, records, and forms. They must be able to understand and react to emergency situations and operate electronic security control systems. Security reports to the Security Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Demonstrates excellent customer service, communication, and time management skills.
· Monitors and operates Electronic Security Control Systems and Emergency Response Systems.
· Responds to emergency situations in a timely manner.
· Monitors and controls access to the building.
· Accurately maintains daily logs, records and forms.
· Maintains a safe and secure environment throughout the building/property.
· Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
· Works shifts that are subject to change based on property needs.
· Needs to read and understand The Continental Employee Handbook/Security Standard Operating Procedures.
OTHER JOB-RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Attends Security / Front Desk staff meetings
· May be assigned other duties by the on-site Community Association Manager.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
High school diploma or equivalency required. College level courses in business or hospitality preferred.
Must possess strong customer service background. Two (2) to three (3) years of business experience in similar position preferred. Computer literacy: Command of information system hardware/software is required. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Multiple language fluency is desirable. Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills required.
· Ability to lift 30 – 50 lbs
· Work in an upright, standing, or sitting position for long periods of time
· Handle, grasp, and lift objects and packages
· Reach with hands and arms
· Communicate, receive, and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word
· Ability to quickly and easily navigate the building/property as required to meet the job functions
· Complete all required forms
· Ability to work extended hours and weekends based on building requirements
· Ability to respond to emergencies and callouts in a timely manner
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
DISCLAIMER: This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform any of your job duties, you should contact Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- security guard: 1 year (Required)
- Miami Beach, FL (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Hours per week:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift