(Your Market – All 50 States)
Our bank client is seeking to fill a Mortgage Loan Originator role in the Houston, TX market. The successful candidate will be responsible for selling and originating residential mortgage loans by representing the bank in the local community by promoting their products/services to, and generating referral business from, real estate professionals, financial advisers and other centers of influence.
This position offers a competitive total compensation average of $105K (base salary of $45K plus commission from dollar one of production. The Bank lends in all 50 states which means they have opportunities for the right candidate to work remotely from their own home offices. Voted on of the top banks to work for in the various markets, the Bank also offer:
Mortgage Loan Originator responsibilities include:
- Casual dress code.
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits.
- Contributions towards gym memberships.
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off.
Who Are You?:
- Originating quality mortgage loans in accordance with the required goals as established by the Bank.
- No geographic limits.
- Identifying and meeting with prospects to explain various mortgage products available and them help determine the best product to suit their needs.
- Guiding applicants through the loan application process and submitting the required information for processing.
- Coordinating communications between customers, underwriters, processors, closing agents and others to ensure a smooth loan closing.
- Maintaining the highest level of sales ability, negotiation skills and knowledge of the bank’s mortgage and other products and services.
- Defining and executing a business development strategy to deepen relationships and expand your referral network to attract new business.
- Ensuring all loans are processed and closed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner to establish and maintain total customer satisfaction.
- Actively soliciting mortgage loan business from internal loan sources such as Relationship Managers and Business Development Officers.
- Ensuring that work follows applicable laws, regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for an opportunity where you can pursue your interests and your passion. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but merely the starting point for your future.
You also bring the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or a related field.
- Minimum two years of successful experience as a retail loan officer with a currently active referral base.
- Ability to assess financial needs and the ability to work with minimal supervision is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of mortgage industry, products, lending practices and regulatory guidelines.
- Previous experience on a mortgage loan origination system.
- Large local network of outside contacts to generate referral flows.
- Self-directed, with ability to plan own activities to achieve sales goals.
- Strong verbal/written communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- PC skills, including knowledge of mortgage origination and automated underwriting systems
This position offers a competitive total compensation average of $105K (base salary of $45K plus commission from dollar one of production.