Scripps Health Administrative Services supports our five hospitals and 19 outpatient facilities, which treat half a million patients annually through 2,600 affiliated physicians.
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego has served central and downtown San Diego since 1890. We are home to notable specialty services, including a 24-hour emergency room that is a Level 1 Trauma Center, outpatient physical rehab, minimally invasive robotic surgery and our childbirth unit.
The duties of the Psychiatric Liaison Nurse (PLN) include:
- Functions as part of a team to perform psychiatric evaluation of patients throughout the Scripps Health Care System.
- The PLN supports patient care staff with the nursing care of patients with behavioral problems and/or patients experiencing problems related to their medical illnesses.
- The PLN is a resource regarding differential diagnosis and medical disorders. These clinicians provide diagnostic impressions, including differentiating between medical and psychiatric disorders and determining suicidality, homicidality and/or grave disability.
- Triage and disposition of behavioral health patients to the level of care that will ensure appropriate utilization of resources.
- Demonstrates decision-making skills and knowledge in clinical impression, collaboration, consultation, education, mentorship and leadership.
- Responsible for identifying and developing approaches to enhance behavioral health care of all persons throughout the system.
This is a Full Time 0.75 FTE (60 hours every two weeks) benefited position, working 12 hour Varied shifts on varied days. Located at Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/ Certifications:
- Current California State RN License.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider American Heart Association.
- Minimum 3-5 years in psychiatric assessments in a behavioral health setting and at least one year of experience in an acute medical setting.
- Content knowledge of California Mental Health Law and understanding of the LPS Act and 24-hour Detention.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certifications:
- BS in Nursing.
- APRN Advanced Practice RN, CNS/NP in Psychiatric Mental Health and leadership experience in Psychiatric Nursing or RN with Masters in related fields.
- Proficient in electronic health records, familiar with the DSM.
- ANCC Certification of Clinical Nurse Specialist in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, ANCC as NP in Psychiatric Mental Health, California licensure as CNS in Psychiatric Mental Health.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Position Pay Range: $56.00-$80.00/hour