Position: Medical Receptionist
Reports to: Office Manager
Summary: The Medical Receptionist greets patients, updates insurance information in the system, verifies and analyzes health insurance benefits, explains payment policies, answers phones, and other administrative tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet, register, instruct, and provide general assistance to patients.
- Obtain demographic and financial information and enter into computer system.
- Verify insurance eligibility and relay relevant information on payment policies and billing/collection processes.
- Determine and collect co-pays, co-insurance, deductibles, past due balances and other patient financial responsibility and maintain and balance cash drawer.
- Communicate with primary care providers and insurance carriers per patient request.
- Answer telephone, take messages and return voicemails.
- All other duties as assigned by Office Manager or Practice Administrator
- Must be available nights and weekends
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Rotating weekends
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person