- High School Diploma or GED
- Serving Experience
- Food Safety Experience
- Driver's License
- Senior Care
Waukesha County Health & Human Services is recruiting for caring individuals to organize and supervise the serving of meals and the delivery of Meals on Wheels to local seniors.
The need is for a non-benefit-eligible part time employee at the Oconomowoc senior dining center at the Oconomowoc Community Center, 220 W. Wisconsin Ave, Oconomowoc, 53066.
Under supervision, to organize and supervise the serving of meals to community seniors, and to perform other duties as required.
Typical work hours are 9:30-1:30 pm, Monday-Friday. No holidays or weekends.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
1. Provides ongoing quality and quantity control of meals, reporting any discrepancies to the Nutrition Services Supervisor or designated representative.
2. Supervises the setup, serving, and cleanup activities of volunteers, participating when required.
3. Supervises the packaging and delivery of meals to the local homebound seniors; updates any changes in client eligibility status; and reports emergency and crisis situations needing immediate attention.
4. Determines appropriate number of meals to be served daily; keeps daily records; and supervises the processing of participant donations; and makes daily bank deposit.
5. Prepares and submits a variety of records and reports on such items as food quality, meal discrepancies, daily activities, daily and monthly counts, and volunteer hours and mileage.
6. Serves as a representative of the program in day-to-day contracts with the local dining community.
7. Participates in monthly staff meetings and any other training mandated by the ADRC.
8. Coordinates nutrition education and other social and educational activities.
9. Establishes and maintains effective working and public relations with program participants, volunteers, and the local community.
10. Performs other duties as required.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities
1. Knowledge of food safety and sanitation is preferred.
2. Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of volunteers.
3. Ability to problem solve and act in a professional manner at all times.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working and public relationships with volunteers and program participants.
6. Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports.
7. Ability to deliver meals to homebound local seniors if needed.
You must meet these minimum Training and Experience requirements:
1. Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is preferred.
2. One year work or volunteer experience working with the elderly or work experience in the preparation and serving of food is preferred.
3. Possession of a valid driver's license.
4. Certification in Safe Food Handling upon hire or within 90 days of hire. This certification training will be provided by County staff.
This position is not eligible for benefits.