Cornerstone Family Healthcare is searching for an Server Administrator to join our fast paced Informatics team at our ever growing Community Health Center in Newburgh, NY. The Server Administrator role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer server hosts as well as virtual server environment. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all server hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training on an as needed basis
Description of Duties
- Take lead in the management of server hosts, virtual machines, server patch management including operating systems, e-mail server, print and backup servers as well as application servers
- Assist with network design and capacity planning
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery
- Comply with service level agreements with end users
- Assist with installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices as needed
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services as needed
- Conduct research on server products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assist in managing security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, hubs, and UPSs.
- Administer all server room equipment, hardware and software upgrades.
- Ensure network connectivity of all workstations.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights
- Perform server and security audits.
- Perform system backups and recovery.
- Maintain flexibility with On-call availability as needed
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings in server rooms to ensure integrity
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Attend and participate in monthly department, All Staff and other required meetings.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all clinical, administrative, and general policies and procedures as outlined in the Cornerstone Policy and Procedure Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Maintain confidentiality of all aspects of Cornerstone including, but not limited to, patient confidentiality, financials, and employee relations.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
- Required - 3+ Years of direct related experience in Server Administration
- Required - VMware VSphere 6.5+ Platform administration
- Required – Experience in Citrix Environment administration
- Preferred Certifications: VMWARE, Nimble Storage, Windows Server, Citrix, Network+
- In depth working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7, 8, 10
- Technical knowledge of Dell networking hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP, EIGRP, SSLVPN, IPSEC
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Security Rule.
- Extensive working server support experience with:
- Windows Server licensing structures and requirements
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016
- SQL Server 2005/2008R2/2012/2016, SQL Reporting Services
- Exchange Server 2010/2013
- Skype for Business
- IIS 7.0, JBOSS Web Servers
- Malwarebytes Enterprise
- Microsoft O365 deployment and management
- Azure cloud integration / Hybrid deployment
We also offer a benefit package including over 3 weeks of paid time off a year | Top-notch group medical, dental and vision insurance | Long-term disability and life insurance | 403(b) Retirement Plan | Supplemental disability, accident, and life insurance
Please submit a current resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- VMware VSphere 6.5+ Platform: 1 year (Required)
- Server Administration: 3 years (Required)
- Citrix Environment: 1 year (Required)
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction