A forward-thinking, innovative Clinical Research Organization ("CRO") is looking for a Project Director to take on an oversight role within their Oncology department with responsibility of a team of four Project Managers.
The opportunity is newly created due to this business winning an impressive amount of new business with a variety of sponsors. You will need a background leading full-service project management for global and complex oncology trials in phases two and three.
As a leader in the company, you will be responsible for growing the team, and setting the standards for the strategy and processes required for successful project management in the Oncology department.
This is an incredibly exciting time for the business and an opportunity to be involved in cutting-edge drug treatments within Oncology.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Oversee a portfolio or program of projects within Oncology
- Ensure all studies within a program or portfolio are conducted to reflect the therapeutic or client specific requirements.
- Represent company to the customer, ensuring satisfaction levels are maintained and program deliverables are communicated effectively.
- Manages the executed contract and financial aspects of assigned projects, including reviewing study budgets and expenses.
- Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines and other tracking/analysis tools. Ensure and maintain an in depth therapeutic and/or client specific knowledge and expertise for the assigned portfolio.
- Leading operational input to proposal development and pricing including proposed operations strategy.
- Driving performance improvement, operational efficiencies and innovative strategies.
- Providing line management oversight and contribute to leadership of Project Management as an operational and therapeutic area expertResponsibilities and Job Duties
- BA/BS in the life sciences, nursing degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience of clinical project management in a CRO.
- A background leading full-service project management for global and complex oncology trials in phases two and three.
- Proficiency with full MS Office Applications, including MS Project.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade.
- Ability to travel as necessary (approximately 25%).
The role is remote/home based and applicants are welcomed from both the US and Canada. The business are offering a competitive package, bonus, stock options and unlimited PTO.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $170,000.00 to $185,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance