This is a full-time position.
Seeking an energetic, compassionate, and dedicated Registered Nurse for full time, on call. The employee must be available to work the following schedule:
Saturday and Sunday All Day, 7 days on/7 days off
Passages Hospice provides services in the home, in long-term care/skilled nursing and assisted living facilities. We seek energetic, empathetic, and dedicated individuals who want to make a positive change for our patients and families during their end of life journey.
The On Call Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for modeling the three company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence. The On Call RN functions as an IDT member to provide services to meet the needs of patients and their families. The On Call RN helps the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping. This position requires flexible scheduling from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. to meet the agency-staffing needs to provide after hours emergency support to the patient and family.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prevents unwarranted hospitalizations by meeting the patient and family needs in the home and being proactive and reactive during crisis situations.
- Communicates with IDT, Medical Director, and Attending Physicians as directed regarding measures to alleviate symptoms, and monitors response to measures implemented.
- Completes routine and emergency assessments on each patient as indicated by departmental policy.
- Completes after hour consents and admits in the home or facilities.
- Attends after hour deaths in the homes or facilities.
- 2 years full time experience as a Registered Nurse in hospice care or home health.
- Ability to work independently using critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communication and documentations skills.
- Completes and submits all documentation timely according to company policy.
- Ability to function as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The colleague frequently is required to stand, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The colleague is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Competitive pay
- Car allowance
- Phone allowance
- Health Insurance
Passages Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- full time: 2 years (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Relocation Assistance Provided: