Mystic Kombucha is an artisanal craft kombucha brewery, located in the heart of Seattle, WA. We are a young and established company that is poised for growth and is currently hiring a part time Brewery Production Assistant.
This is a physically demanding role that requires physical strength as lifting 50lb kegs and 50lbs of hot tea over head is a regular fail part of the role.
Our ideal candidate is, physically strong, extremely detail oriented, independent, able to follow directions and interested in learning all aspects of a Kombucha Brewery Operation; from brewing, to warehouse operations, to connecting with our accounts with deliveries and interacting with our awesome audience at Farmers Markets.
You are a perfectionist, detail obsessed, methodical, consistent, accountable and believe that doing an impeccable job is not an exception, it is the job - no matter what the task is.
You are eager to do any task and always looking for more work and opportunities to learn and prove yourself. You will be a vital person in our process of making and selling our outstanding products and your passion will shine through in your work ethic and our products.
We value accountable, health minded, highly intelligent calm and peaceful, easy going people, who are friendly and radiate a positive attitude - all while enjoying the challenges of helping a company shine.
The Assistant position is primarily responsible for production while supporting the whole team to ensure all aspects of production and sales are executed.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Work with the brewers to help with all aspects of production, bottling, labeling
- Deliver orders to our awesome accounts
- Support Farmers Market vendors when needed via deliveries, market setup, and/or in the capacity of a farmers market vendor
- Wash, clean & organize kegs
- Fill growlers, bottles and other containers with our product
- Label and pack our product for distribution and delivery
- Organize and clean production facility
- Preventative maintenance for all equipment and systems
- Attend and participate in brewing and department meetings
- Support our sales & delivery team
- Occasionally help at events and/or farmers markets
- Communicate clearly with management via oral communication and filing daily reports
- Work well unsupervised, independently and as a member of a team
- Keep clear and organized records of what you accomplish via a online team management app
- Keep current on all company events, history, and products
- Keep events and farmers market equipment clean, prepped for use and well maintained
- Maintaining mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment
- Be 100% accountable for every detail of their role or task
- Be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
Requirements of the Job:
- Display a positive vibe and harmonious demeanor
- Interact with the team in a friendly, enthusiastic, and comfortable manner
- Reliable and self driven
- Adhere to a deadline oriented work environment
- A willingness and hunger to learn and prove your value to the team
- Practice safe lifting techniques, compliance of safety and policy guidelines
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs repeatedly during a shift
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking
- Perform repetitive movements such as pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and stooping
- Be respectful of company property and careful to prevent damage to equipment
- Work with numbers, utilize basic math skills
- Always remain calm and focused
- Own a smartphone and reliable transportation to get to and from our facility, events, markets
- Possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
Pay: Contract Salary based on hourly rate of $16-$18 hourly (Negotiable base don previous experience)
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 /hour
- Customer Sales, Delivery, or Food/Beverage Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Seattle, WA 98119 (Preferred)
- Drivers License (Required)