Jr Event Designer
** Please note: this is NOT a Graphic Design position. This is a Client-Focused position as an Project Manager for Event Design. You must have 1 - 2 years of experience in the Events Industry.**
Syzygy Events is now hiring a detail-oriented Junior Event Designer to learn the in's and out's of Event Design and Sales.
Summary: Duties include managing the event sales and design process from initial sales call to completion. 50% of your time will be spent in our office and 50% will be spent on site. This position requires answering phones, handling paperwork, assisting the Senior Event Designer as well as helping at event set ups, which includes performing physical labor.
You must have the ability to work well in stressful situations in a group setting as well as independently. Must have strong prioritizing skills, problem solving and the ability to be resourceful under pressure. You must be organized, self-motivated and be able to think creatively and quickly.
You must have passion for the Events Industry.
The perfect candidate for this job will be someone recently out of school and/or someone who has 1- 2 years of experience as an event coordinator at a hotel or other organization.
Junior Designer Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Administrative support to Senior Designers as needed
- Assist in the creation of presentations, proposals and sales collateral
- Gather and prepare data in preparation for meetings and client presentations
- Assist Senior Designers in capturing and submitting expense reports for final review
- Assist in all aspects of event design and management including but not limited to: scheduling meetings, communicating with clients; attend on-site walk-through with/for Event Designers; attending set ups and sometimes breakdowns; traveling for events in other states. This can involve carrying up to 50lbs
- Maintain detailed expense records and assist in calculating profit and loss of each event
- Perform online research to identify fabulous decor elements or reference images
- Learn how to manage-up and meet expectations of Senior Designers and other Team Leaders
- Miscellaneous duties: Run errands for the office or event materials.
- Base pay + Commission
- Great benefits package - 50% employer-paid medical/vision/dental insurance and 3% company match into IRA plan
- 10 days PTO after 90 days; 15 days PTO after 3 years
- 6 recognized paid holidays
- Forward Career Path and Growth
- Work alongside a dedicated, talented team
- Fun, casual environment
- We allow dogs in our offices!
Job Type: Full-time/ Salaried
Job Type: Full-time
- Event Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Events Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts