We are a well-established, residential flooring contractor that works with fortune 500 companies South Florida is looking to hire a Estimator for our Boynton Beach.
The flooring estimator must understand the entire estimating process. This requires but is not limited to analyzing and understanding builder blueprints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and understand builder blueprints & project specifications to generate accurate product takeoffs
- Prepare base house bids and option pricing as needed
- Work with sales, designers and vendors to create, price and manage product offering lineups per builder or community
- Work with builders on custom option quotes and model home pricing
- Create billing templates per community and modify per individual lots; liaison between accounts receivables and builder purchasing department on any billing/payment issues
- Create comprehensive manuals per community for Project Coordinators and Management
- Custom home and retail job quotes as needed
- Analyze gross margins per job and find inefficiencies in production or pricing that can be adjusted to improve product offerings and revenue
- Contract reviews per project
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED, with at least 1 year of related experience and/or training.
- Analytical thinking regarding both mathematical skill and to be able to visualize how building components are used to create final installed product
- A to Z project mentality
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office with increased proficiency in Excel (formulas, tables, etc. beyond basic) You must be able to review/correct formulas in bids and pricing matrixes
- Accounting or mathematical experience a plus
Sitting for long periods of time
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Benefits include medical/dental/life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and paid vacation.
DFWP / EEO
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year