An administrative role that supports the day to day operations in keying of data, track and trace, general document retrieval. Communication of issues to the planning group and potentially to the clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tracking carrier pick-ups/deliveries and entering data into system.
- Directing the carrier to web portal mechanisms.
- Reporting variances in times to the client/supervisor.
- Data entry of shipment information into system.
- Requesting documentation on behalf of clients.
- Building relationships with clients and vendors.
- Answering general customer service inquiries related to clients shipping needs.
***MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.
- Customer service, ability to communicate clear, polite, detail orientated, driven to succeed attitude when assisting clients.
- Data entry – basic computer knowledge (ten key & typing ability), Internet Explorer, Outlook, Excel is a plus – but not a requirement.
- No transportation experience is required as it will all be taught in training.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of employment.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Job Type: Full-time