1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world's top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a seasoned Systems Engineer with a desire to streamline the process of creating and maintaining private cloud computing infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers and developers to help 1010data manage a large and growing high-performance cloud computing environment.
With more than 35 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
If you have a passion for high-performance computing you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis.
1010data's production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
Education and Experience:
- Monitor, scale, secure and manage our systems infrastructure as 1010data grows, focusing on Windows and VMWare
- Automate the management of our application, databases, servers, storage and network devices
- Ensure the overall health and performance of software as a service
- Proactively identify trends, determine incident root causes, and manage adverse events from identification to resolution
- Direct Data Center technicians remotely on hardware upgrades and maintenance
- Computer Science or IT related degree from top tier university preferred
- Strong experience in Windows and VMWare System Engineering
- Strong understanding of computer organization, performance and availability
- Understanding of Operating System (Windows) internals; ability to diagnose and repair
- Understanding of application, hardware, storage, OS and database configuration of distributed, elastic, highly available data management systems
- Knowledge of Powershell and Python a plus
- The successful person will be a cooperative, creative person who is strongly motivated to solve business issues. This person will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This person must be capable of working independently and towards goals vs. just following instructions
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- Have the ability to articulate in his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments