* This announcement is to fill up to (2) identical openings.
This position exists to manage, coordinate and provide planning expertise related to the development, targeting and delivery of all aspects of communications about Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP) to members, providers and Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) partners. The person in this position will analyze policies and review procedures for all components of MHCP to identify gaps and ensure the resulting communications are accurate, understandable and usable. The person in this position will ensure that members, providers and DHS partners are informed of policies, procedures and activities associated with MHCP and all its subprograms and related functions, and legal requirements are clear and properly communicated to them.
- Three (3) years of professional experience in the health care industry demonstrating health care provider, member eligibility policy and eligibility systems experience along with the following:
- Communicating effectively with a diverse clientele.
- Developing written communications for various media including a solid command of grammar, usage and writing mechanics; best editorial practices; document design elements; Web publishing techniques and distribution policies and procedures.
- Defined impacts of policy, programs, budgets and operational changes.
- Experience in writing rule and statute, legal compliance, and the full range of activities related to a fee-for-service and capitation payment program.
- Thorough understanding of the health care claims and eligibility systems
- Experience and proficient with Office Suite products such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to negotiate and mediate resolutions to complex or volatile problems to which there are no clear-cut answers.
- Thorough understanding of the Department's organizational structure, policies and operational procedures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, St. Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees subsidies for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The 10th Street Station is located close by.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Ann Wandersee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID number to Daniel Thorp at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.