- Competitive Salary +++
- Upbeat , friendly , team oriented environment
- Potential for increased earnings
- Health and dental insurance
- 401K retirement program
- Paid vacation
RUG SELLING SPECIALIST – JOB DESCRIPTION
A creative, innovative, fashion forward, service-oriented individual with the ability to achieve personal and departmental sales plans. This Professional Rug Selling Specialist will work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrate the Fine Rug Gallery selling priorities of Greet, Sell, Close, and Satisfy.
- Gain and maintain a full understanding of product knowledge of the rugs and services offered by the FRG.
- Be able to clearly communicate relevant product knowledge during the sales presentation.
- Develop working relationships for networking and referral opportunities with the Big Ticket and Home Store colleagues.
- Know and properly execute all systems and POS compliant procedures.
- Stay familiar with the FRG newsletter, sale price matrix and all current promotional materials.
- Complete and balance the Daily Selling Sheet.
- Know and comply with all of the Fine Rug Gallery policies and procedures.
- Security awareness on selling floor to prevent inventory shortage (rtvs, displays, floor stock).
- Maintain a neat, inviting and organized desk/cash wrap-stand area.
- Responsible for maintaining merchandise presentation and assisting in floor moves.
- Check Rack-Receive inventory weekly, along with the dock daily, for the arrival of new rug rack samples. Ensure any new rack samples are hung and signed (at 5’2” height) immediately and fill-in of any open slots on the arm racks with clearance or one- of-a-kind rugs.
- Keep current arm rack sample direct ship hanging price signs updated and remove any discontinued signs immediately.
- Immediately replace any downed rack samples, correct rack sample dog ears, secure loose clips and remove any extra clips from the rack arms.
- Ensure all rack samples have bar coded inventory tags.
- Ensure that all floor stock rugs have the proper price tags and the tags are kept in clean, legible condition.
- Fill-in and re-order Rug Padding when necessary.
GUEST SERVICE OBJECTIVES:
- Approach, Welcome, and Engage all Fine Rug Gallery Guests with friendly conversation.
- Work with the guest to pick the rugs they need - Size? Color? Quality? Ask the right qualifying questions to properly assist the guest in making the best choice for their home.
- Build sales by suggesting additional rugs, padding, and WNM plans.
- Properly handle any co-workers' guests with regard to questions, exchanges, and returns.
- Perform proper telephone etiquette.
- Follow up on each guest's order from point of sale to delivery and beyond.
- Maintain a current up-to-date Guest Profile Book, including sales records, special orders, and guest information for future referrals.
- Ability to lift and move rugs weighing over 30 lbs.
- * Ability to properly flip floor stock piles and remove rugs from the piles.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $15.00 /hour
- retail commission: 1 year (Preferred)
- Service Oriented: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Chestnut Hill, MA (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)