GENERAL MANAGER - HARD ROCK - North America
Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
The General Manager Hard Rock, North America (AMNO - US & Canada) is a strategic visionary and business partner with responsibility for planning, directing and controlling the regional hard rock sales and aftermarket operations of their assigned territory. This includes developing, implementing and executing the long-term and short-term equipment and aftermarket sales, support plans to align with the overall hard rock strategic growth plan. The incumbent will have full financial responsibility for the hard rock business results in their assigned territory and will be responsible to continuously develop and drive the performance of their sales and operational reporting team members to exceed customer expectation while gaining internal efficiencies.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that the health and safety of team members, distribution partners and customers is a tangible priority in territory.
- Developing and implementing the long-term and short-term strategic plans for the territory to align with the overall hard rock long-term strategic plan.
- Customer focused and concentrates on development and execution of selling and aftermarket strategies for all hard rock equipment and services within the territory.
- Responsible for the business forecasting and results of the territory (profit and loss) and is accountable for the success of the long-term business viability of the territory.
- Responsible for assigned territory market analysis as it relates to hard rock products and services. This includes developing strategic account plans for all hard rock customers; defining the customer base, current machine install base, all product and service opportunities, market potential ($), customer buying criteria and support requirements and any product application, geographical or geopolitical barriers that may be encountered.
- Responsible for the business development, sale and execution of all hard rock equipment and aftermarket service via the Komatsu direct personnel support and dealer/distribution channels.
- Responsible to form long-term strategic customer relationships with corporate mining customers leading to constructive and profitable business partnerships.
- Responsible for operations execution relative to branch aftermarket (rebuild, repair, field support, part sales) including inventory management and continuous improvement of operations efficiency.
- Responsible to continuously improve reporting team capability and performance through open communication, mentoring, coaching and development.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Mining, MBA preferred.
- 10 years in sales or aftermarket management in mining or related heavy industry.
- Strong knowledge or experience in underground hard rock mining product application and industry methods.
- Judgment and intuition acquired through experience in working with executive mining professionals and securing large capital sales.
- Demonstrated experience developing business growth strategies within OEM business to include OE and aftermarket strategy development and execution plans.
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities to drive resource development in assigned territory and ensure business growth is maintained through strategic talent management of territory resources.
- Required to have excellent interpersonal, influence, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be innovative, adaptable and flexible to work with various types of customers, dealers.
- Proficiency with all aspects of MS Office suite is necessary.
- Experience with salesforce, ERP systems is an asset.
- Strong business acumen and comprehension of business financial accounting is essential.
- Ability to travel across North America 50% or more relative to position location.
- Speak, read and write English fluently. French language abilities is a benefit.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Position location is flexible in the Western US with consideration for customers and Komatsu branch locations.
Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Hard Rock Mining Equipment: 10 years (Preferred)
- Hard Rock Mining Sales: 8 years (Preferred)
- Hard Rock Mining Equipment Sales: 8 years (Preferred)
- Business Management / Leadership: 8 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce: 5 years (Preferred)
- ERP systems: 5 years (Preferred)
- Business Strategy / Strategic Business Planning: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place