We are looking for an ambitious Prep Cook to assist in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes. A great prep cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be deft and able to follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Proven experience as prep cook
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift