The Rehab Clinical Coordinator is responsible for providing a full range of therapy services including assessment and treatment planning (Therapists Only), and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. This position will also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and patient care enhancements in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
ESSENTIAL CLINICAL FUNCTIONS:
ESSENTIAL OPERATIONAL/ADMINISTRATIVE FUNCTIONS:
- Supports clinical program team supervision and development through onsite treatment observation and feedback
- Champion identified Clinical Programs being implemented with therapy team for application and carryover.
- Provides daily clinical leadership to team and responds to any employee exceptions.
- Requests development of team members through structured activities and available resources.
- Contributes to positive client relations through onsite clinical support.
- Participates in care coordination and utilization meetings and activities.
- Coordinate treatment activities, goals and discharge plans between disciplines and team members.
- Champion consistent proactive resident identification culture and activities
- Conducts initial assessments, provides age appropriate therapeutic interventions and documents the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Contributes to interdisciplinary care plans.
- Evaluates patient response to treatment and provides feedback to the rest of the team.
- Provides patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
- Reviews and completes Smart alerts daily for assigned sites of service.
- Supports overall ADR/Appeals process.
- Coordination of patient scheduling, daily stand-up meetings, weekly Medicare meetings, clinical meetings, admission/discharge coordination, etc.
- Communicates and demonstrates a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Promotes adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client, Kindred Healthcare and RehabCare Group.
- Ability to occasionly travel in the community to meet clients/customers.
- Frequent and prolonged bending, stooping, crouching walking and standing.
- Ability to communicate.
- Provision of own transportation is necessary.
- Approximate time required to travel: Limited
Graduate of four (4) year bachelor degree therapy program preferred or
Minimum Requirement, Graduate of two (2) year associate degree therapy program.
Hold an applicable and current license to practice as an evaluating therapist or treating assistant as required per State Practice Act.
Track record of successful clinical experience and excellence.
Experience working with a geriatric population and interdisciplinary team is desirable.
Communicates and demonstrates a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
Promotes adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client, Kindred Healthcare and RehabCare Group.
Ability to occasionally travel in the community to meet clients/customers.
Frequent and prolonged bending, stooping, crouching walking and standing.
Ability to communicate.
Provision of own transportation is necessary.
Approximate time required to travel:
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here