Southeastern MO Area Health Education Center
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall planning, organization, direction, fiscal integrity, and monitoring of AHEC operations and programs
- Works with the Board of Directors, Program Office and MAHEC as a whole in the development, adoption, and continual review of the AHEC mission, goals, and programs.
- Ensure that developed programs address the mission to create an education- al environment in Missouri’s rural communities to improve the distribution of health care professionals
- Ensure that SEMO AHEC meets or exceeds its obligations of obtained grants and contracts.
- Director will assist in locating and applying for new funding sources to sustain SEMO
- Establishes effective working relationships and partnerships with health care providers, health systems/clinics, health centers, elementary and secondary schools, universities, and other community organizations to enhance the under- standing of the AHEC
- Assures compliance with all Federal and State laws and
- Reports to Board of Directors
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (an associate degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree). A Master’s degree is preferred. It is also preferred that at least one degree is in a health or business-related
- Experience: Experience delivering, administering, or providing educational programs, preferably in health care, public health, or a related field.
- Experience involving health care or public health delivery in medically underserved and/or rural areas is a plus. Experience managing grant funded programs is desirable.
- Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations is required. Maintaining effective working relationships with a diverse population of entities and individuals is a Proposal writing and grant administration skills are preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required