At Mac Haik Automotive Group (MHAG), we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Every employee at our dealership is absolutely critical to its success. Our promise is to keep delivering the same award winning service and value that our community has come to expect from our dealership through the years.
One thing we never forget about here at Mac Haik Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram Georgetown is our customer’s shopping experience. Our goal is to ensure, whether you decide to buy from us or not, that you always enjoy your time with us. This means that we will always be more than willing to help answer any questions you may have and you will never receive any pushy sales pitches. No hassles, no gimmicks, no worries, just honest business values from a group of professionals that will go the extra mile to make sure you find what you are truly looking for in your next automobile purchase.
The Service Technician (Flag) position performs vehicle service and repair work as assigned in accordance with dealership and factory standards. The Service Technician (Flag) is responsible for maintaining the requisite technical knowledge and skill to efficiently and accurately repair vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform vehicle maintenance work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards to drive customer loyalty.
- Diagnose cause of malfunction and repair; determine any additional needed repairs.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge of vehicle systems including, but not limited to: drivability, electrical, major engine mechanical, A/C, brakes, suspension, transmission, OBD-II and general vehicle maintenance systems.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Notify service advisor immediately if additional repair is required or not needed.
- Notify service advisor immediately if repairs can’t be completed within time promised.
- Document all work performed on the RO including recording cause of failure.
· Maintain the highest possible standards of workmanship; perform quality checks.
- Road-test vehicles when required or refer to the test technician.
- Supervise work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Ensure that customers’ cars are kept clean and are only driven for business purpose.
- Keep shop area neat, clean; must account for all dealership-owned tools at all times.
- Stay current in the latest diagnostic methods and service techniques across a number of brands; stay informed of latest bulletins, service manuals and other service publications.
- Participate in service training activities; attend factory-sponsored training classes.
- Communicate regularly with service advisor/dispatcher to confirm repair order information and diagnostic information.
- Meet customer service standards by achieving ‘above district’ customer service information “CSI” scores.
- Follow established safety protocols; report any shop equipment in improper working condition; immediately report safety incidents.
- Understand, keep informed of, and comply with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA right-to-know.
- Safeguard dealership assets and customer data.
- Complete required training assigned through the company training portal.
- Adhere to consistent and reliable work schedule.
- Demonstrate ethical business practices and integrity in all interactions to uphold the Mac Haik Automotive group brand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of mechanical vocational trade school or equivalent experience required
- ASE certification strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening
- Authorization to work in the USA
Here’s what we can offer you:
- Medical, dental, and vision plan
- 401(k) savings plan
- Opportunities for advancement
- Great culture
- 5 day work week
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time