As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Responsible for selling Gateway services to potential referral sources. Supervises a team of sales professionals in a defined territory to implement effective sales strategies.
- Supervises regional sales team responsible for specific territories. Coaches team members in assessing difficult situations, resolving customer relation issues, adjusting sales approaches and strategies, and monitoring outcomes.
- Sells Gateway services to referral sources and potential referral sources in an assigned territory. Travels within a defined geographic area to identify and follow-up on leads, establish referral sources, and determine potential referral needs.
- Develops marketing strategies, in collaboration with VP, Sales and Marketing and Executive Directors, and executes within defined territory to identify prospective referral sources, enhance opportunities for future referrals and increase client admissions.
- Delivers presentations in the community to establish and maintain relationships with referral sources about Gateway services and ensure continued satisfaction.
- Interviews, on-boards, and trains sales team members. Supervises assigned staff, provides coaching and skill development, and collaborates with Executive Directors to evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
- Participates in various management meetings to consult on sales-related plans and goals. Makes internal presentations to management and others on topics related to sales. Prepares and presents routine and special reports and monthly, quarterly and annual sales operations to management team.
- Monitors team performance and researches variances on a consistent basis by reviewing sales reports and other organizational data and metrics; compares sales activities and results against goals; adjusts sales plans as necessary to ensure targets are met or that corrective actions plans are developed, implemented and monitored.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, sales and marketing or a closely related field
- Five years (5) sales experience, including direct sales, with at least two (2) years of management experience
- Valid state driver’s license, driving record in good standing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Comprehensive knowledge of sales strategies, techniques and practices
- Advanced written and oral communication skills to develop presentations and interact with individuals at all levels
- Knowledge of customer relationship management software
- Interpersonal skills to gather and exchange information and relationships
- Active listening skills
- Critical thinking, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Managerial skills to lead and direct the work of others
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Typical administrative / office environment. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions, however might experience relatively few discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise and the like.