Los Gatos, California
Netflix is the world’s leading internet entertainment service with 125 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.
The Netflix Messaging Engineering team builds the platform, applications and messages to communicate with Netflix members across their entire lifecycle, starting with acquisition, then moving into on-boarding and content messaging.
We send messages across both outbound and in-app messaging channels, including email, push notifications, sms, in-app notifications etc. that reach members across a variety of devices.
At Netflix, messaging is part of the core Netflix product. We are unique in the Netflix product as one of few teams that can speak to our customers outside of the Netflix app. On this team, you will partner with product management, design, and data analysts and help shape and drive the direction of the product. Your passionate ideas are encouraged and expected.
In this role, you will create impactful messaging experiences across two broad categories. Messages in the Account
space help Netflix customers by providing important information about their subscription - from payment failures to fraud alerts. Messages in the Growth
space help Netflix acquire members and is an important strategy of the Netflix product organization as we aim to bring Netflix to the next 100 Million customers.
You will be successful in this role if:
- You enjoy working with creative & extremely cross-functional teams
- You can work with ambiguous requirements, and take smart risks
- You are proactive and can move/pivot fast to meet the needs of the product
- You are passionate about the email/messaging industry and motivated to learn more
- You are organized, diligent, thoughtful and can be your own project/program manager
- You have great oral and written communication skills
- You are analytical and have the ability to gather data and understand metrics
Technical Skills needed for the role:
- Strong Responsive & Interactive HTML Email Development experience
- Experience developing reusable, templated frameworks
- Front end web development experience (CSS, SASS/LESS, HTML5, JQuery, AJAX))
- Knowledge in A/B testing, messaging, and post-campaign analysis
- Experience testing, troubleshooting, and optimizing in multiple browsers, mobile platforms, and email clients with a strong sense of web design and UX fundamentals
- Solid understanding of email best practices
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with product development teams
- Experience building messaging experiences using Push Notifications
- Experience building In-Product messaging flows
- Experience with localization systems and ICU formatting
- Experience working with other messaging channels such as SMS and messaging apps
- Experience in Java, Groovy or other Object Oriented languages
- Experience with query languages such as SQL, Presto, etc.