The maintenance technician is a working position responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Must be able to read schematics and blueprints
- Perform skills including but not limited to: mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines
- Able to repair electronic instruments and electrical systems, PLC’s, AC Drives
- Able to troubleshoot Allen Bradley, Omron, PLC Direct and Siemens PLC’s, including AC Drives
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Organized and detail oriented, must take a proactive approach to issue resolution including root cause analyses and error proofing controls related to down time
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Will have basic SQF knowledge and understanding
- Will be expected to adhere to all company Good Manufacturing Procedures
- Will learn and understand SmithFoods HACCP program
- Will be expected to learn and actively participate in activities designed to enhance SmithFoods Pacific's LEAN process, Making Tomorrow Better, to reduce waste throughout the company
- Must provide own tools
*This position has no leadership responsibilities.
*While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. May be required to perform duties in areas exceeding 90 degrees and falling to negative 20 degrees.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
*This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are to be determined with extended hours and weekends as needed for emergency repairs and projects completed during non-production hours.
*No travel is expected for this position, with the exception of training opportunities.
*Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship or a technical certificate
- 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills.
*Preferred Education and Experience
- A two-year degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance is preferred
- 2-5 years manufacturing maintenance experience.
*Additional Eligibility Qualifications
*Work Authorization/Security Clearance
*Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $26.00 /hour
- manufacturing maintenance: 3 years (Preferred)
- manaufacturing: 4 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Retirement benefits or accounts