Villa Montessori Preschool (VMP) is currently accepting applications for a part-time afternoon Toddler Assistant for our Toddler room (ages 18 months - 3 years). Hours are afternoons. Montessori credentials or background are NOT required; however, daycare, child care, preschool teacher, or other teacher experience is preferred.
- Previous experience as a Preschool Teacher or Caregiver
- Must have a warm, supportive, and patient attitude and disposition toward working with children and their families
- Kind, thoughtful, and strong at guiding children in self-motivated learning and helping stimulate their natural desire to learn
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive
- Completion of a background check required
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High School diploma required. Preference given to candidates who possess or actively enrolled in an accredited Associates or Bachelor’s degree program
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Assistant Teacher will assist the Lead Teacher in planning, preparing and implementing programs. The Assistant will also supervise the classroom when the teacher is out of the room.
- The Assistant Teacher helps the children to think creatively, to solve problems independently and respect themselves and others
- The Assistant Teacher maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence
- The Assistant Teacher facilitates snacks, meals, nap time, and diaper/bathroom activities.
- The Assistant Teacher ensures that children are actively engaged in a safe, organized, stimulating learning environment
- The Assistant Teacher actively develops and maintains positive parent relationships
- The Assistant Teacher must have excellent written and oral communication skills
Villa Montessori Preschool
Serving ages 18 months through 6 years, VMP offers an authentic Montessori Curriculum with a Reggio Inspired Art & Science experience designed to inspire a child's creativity. The Montessori Method sparks imagination, assists children in making positive choices and helps the students build self-esteem while they discover new things each day. If you are passionate about the growth and development of children and meet the qualifications for one of our open positions, we would love to speak to you. Montessori credentials or background are NOT required; however, daycare, child care, preschool teacher, or other teacher experience is preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Leesburg, VA 20175 (Preferred)