At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent professional experience.
5-10 years min of banking or financial services experience.
Must be extremely motivated team player.
Ability to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
2+ years of Small Business Lending experience; OORE (construction, purchase, refinance), SBA Lending (Express, 7A & 504) & NOORE
BBVA Compass is seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic Business Banking Officers (BBO) to join our team. A successful candidate will possess the desire to serve and grow their community through establishing, maintaining and maximizing relationships with small business owners. BBOs invest time and energy in their community as well as help small businesses become and stay successful through expertise advice as a small business banking advisor. At BBVA Compass, we also have a passion for further developing our BBOs in their career and place a value on providing additional training and support to aid our BBOs in maximizing their potential.
The BBO role is critical to the success of the BBVA Compass retail banking strategy. We value new business and the BBO’s primary responsibility is to establish new banking relationships with small business owners ($1-10M Revenue) as well as help grow that business via access to our capital.
BBOs focus on sales while delivering an exceptional customer experience to existing and prospective small business customers. As a district level position, the BBO will establish relationships with the branches in their market and assist the bankers as a small business banking specialist when needed while developing relationships outside the bank within networks and/or centers of influence.
1. Meet credit history and criminal background requirements associated with Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry registration process, to include FBI fingerprint criminal history and review of credit report.
2. Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent professional experience.
3. 5-10 years of banking or financial services
4. Must be extremely motivated team player.
5. Must have assertive communication skills with a focus for sales.
6. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of customer information.
7. Small Business Lending experience.
8. SBA lending experience.
9. Prior investment product sales experience.
10. Five years experience selling to small business owners.