Subject: Process Engineer Job Opening
Trans-Market is a process design company with offices in Tampa, Houston, and Los Angeles. Our primary focus is food, beverage and pharmaceutical processing. We provide process design, automation/controls, distribution sales, installation and commissioning of process systems including Clean-In-Place (CIP) systems, pasteurization, aseptic systems and sanitary processing.
Trans-Market offers a dynamic work environment with opportunities for training, hands-on experience and the application of detailed design principles. You will have the opportunity to work on projects from conception to implementation with varied responsibilities providing a broad range of experience. We offer Group Medical
Insurance, 401(k) Savings Plan, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance and competitive pay commensurate with experience.
The Process Engineer position is a core member of every project team. They are fundamental in defining the engineering scope of the project which is required to meet the customer’s end goals. Their role is pivotal, as it defines the foundation from which all other team members build.
Candidate will perform the following specific duties:
1. Engage with Customers, translate their production requirements into tangible engineering scope and deliverables.
2. Complete all engineering design deliverables both for project completion and proposal development.
3. Conduct Mass Balances & Batch Timeline Analysis based on production line rates, product recipes, and specific operational requests.
4. Identify and categorize all major equipment required based on storage, fluid dynamic, thermodynamic & analytical critical parameters for the process.
5. Develop P&ID drawing sets which systematically breakdown the comprehensive process analysis into individual circuits cohesively combined into a singular package.
6. Fully integrate CIP capable functionality throughout all facets of the process system, designing for repeatability and ease to maximize production uptime.
7. Specify and procure all process equipment necessary to achieve the design goals identified, including but not limited to: o Vessels o Valves o Pumps o Instruments o Heat Exchangers o Raw Material Unloading Devices o Engineered Process Technology Units
8. Determine plant utility requirements based on specified equipment.
9. Develop plan view floorplan equipment layouts for preliminary designing and planning, follow through with realizing this concept by working together with 3D CAD department in development of models.
10. Communicate, consult, & inform all project team members across disciplines regarding process design choices and changes throughout the project lifecycle – clearly documenting revision control.
11. Oversee and verify shop fabrication and field installation of the engineered design.
12. Assist with logistics of shipping, receiving, and storage of procured equipment.
13. Develop system commissioning plans and conduct them on-site with a coordinated project team to verify system functionality against the design specifications.
14. Maintain all project files: submittals, shop drawings, equipment schedules, as-built drawings, etc
15. Generate closeout documentation including QA / QC packages and O&M manuals
- 2+ years’ Experience in the sanitary food, beverage and pharmaceutical industry desired
- Competency in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office 365 Package (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Candidate is expected to have strong problem-solving skills for troubleshooting systems
- Candidate must have excellent communications skills, work well in a team environment and be self-motivated
- Candidate must be deliverables/schedule driven
- Up to 20% Travel
Please visit our website for further information about our company: www.transmarket.com
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Will you now or in the future require employer sponsorship (e.g., H-1B visa sponsorship) to acquire or maintain work authorization for our company?
- Do you have experience designing and/or commissioning beverage manufacturing plants (response required)?
- Do you have experience in P&ID design and development (response required)?
- Process engineering: 2 years (Required)
- Engineering Degree (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: Multiple Locations