Concept Designer / 3D Visualization Specialist
Based in Central Florida Area
Position can be worked remotely from home temporarily due to COVID-19
Contractor position; rate dependent upon education and experience
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Weekends and evenings may be required at times during a project
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
AOA is an industry leader in immersive experience design, production, and full-service project management. We lead the creation of innovative and transformative destinations worldwide with a limitless range in the space of themed rides and attractions, live shows, impactful museums and interactive exhibits, highly kinetic retail and world-class themed dining.
As part of our design process we require high level, visually impressive computer-generated imagery to communicate our designs to our clients. The 3D Visualization Specialist is responsible for creating 3D or 2D illustrations. Illustrations can range from conceptual art to photo-realistic quality and a key driver to telling a story. The ideal candidate will interpret architectural designs as specified within project sketches, architectural drawings or models. This position is works closely alongside AOA designers, architects and sub-consultants to provide design iterations, marketing materials and concept images for high profile specialty projects. As a mid-level artist, task types will include all of those listed and a well-rounded skill set is required.
- Draw and paint digitally to create design sketches, final illustrations and photorealistic renderings of architectural concepts, characters, environments, sets, props and vehicles.
- Create 3D massing models from architectural plans in 3ds Max. Applying textures to the models and providing appropriate lighting techniques.
- Create 2D renderings from 3D models and enhancing images using Photoshop or other appropriate photo/rendering software.
- Meet the Art Director’s aesthetic requirements on final designs.
- Create deliverables as per the specifications of design packaging, including fully rendered hero shots as well as detail callouts and material/texture information.
- Work to project deadlines as scheduled by the AOA Design and Project Management Teams.
- Coordinates and maintains project files including correspondence, drawings, and other relevant materials associated with projects.
- Tracks new software and technology trends and work with the team to bring in new skills and tools, both within and beyond standard software.
- Performs additional tasks to support the Company as necessary.
- Minimum 3-5 Years of experience in design position in themed entertainment and hospitality industry.
- Degree in Architecture, Design, Fine Arts or related technical/creative field.
- Proficient in modelling, with experience in modelling for architecture or themed entertainment.
- Strong understanding of anatomy and perspective required.
- Proficient in rendering to a photoreal level in 3DS Max with a rendering engine such as (but not limited to) Vray, Corona or similar.
- Experience with common 3DS Max plugins such as Forest Pack, Railclone and others is a plus but not required.
- Proficiency in Lumion.
- Experience with other real time renderers such as Unreal Engine or Unity is a plus but not required.
- Ability to post process images/animations in Photoshop or After Effects.
- A clear understanding of a multi-disciplinary design approach and the delivery of projects to a high quality.
- Motivated to advance the Company and advance professional growth.
- Ability to adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment.
- Ability to take on additional responsibilities as needed as well as determine and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team. High level of flexibility, collaboration, and confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, communication, and follow up/follow through skills required.
- Able to effectively problem solve.
- Ability work efficiently within a high-pressure, fast paced environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold Company Values and demand highest standard or conduct from self and others
Software Knowledge and Skills:
- 3D Modelling
- 3D Rendering (to a photoreal level, including texturing, lighting and postprocessing)
- 3DS Max (with experience in either Vray, Corona, or similar render engine)
- Substance Painter
- Unreal Engine
- After Effects
AOA COMPANY INFORMATION
AOA Vision - To dream, create, and build global experiences of a lifetime.
AOA Mission - To create and build innovative and transformative experiences that astonish and exceed expectations.
At AOA, it is our expectation that all employees and contractors embrace and uphold our Company Values:
Communication – Be open, authentic, approachable, timely, and purposeful in everything that we do.
- Respect - Respect should be given across the board.
- Transparency - Transparency is key in the development of trust between parties and is essential in communicating with honesty.
- Professionalism - Professionalism truly lies in the individual’s sense of responsibility to client, team, and projects.
Quality– Deliver every project knowing we have done our best.
- Innovation – Continuously think outside the box and never be complacent.
- Exceed Expectations – Go beyond what our client needs.
- Repeat Business – Ensure our clients know they can trust us every step of the way to go above and beyond.
Leadership - Empower everyone to do the right things, not just do things right.
- Integrity – Have courage and confidence to do the right thing and inspire others to do the same.
- Problem Solvers – Don’t be intimidated by challenges. Be creative, effective, and efficient to get the job done.
- Financially Responsible – Manage money in a way that is productive and in the best interest of the client and company.
Teamwork - Work collaboratively to create an environment where trust, honesty, and integrity is most important.
- AOA Family & Community – Be a good human and take care of one another.
- Diversity – Promote diversity of thought, people, and culture.
- Inclusion – Make everyone feel that they are valued and respected.
Balance - Be present at work and at life.
- Quality of Life - Happiness matters.
- Embrace the moment. - Give life your all and find the fun.
- Wellness - Devote time to physical and mental well-being.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- design: 3 years (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19