UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
Building automation systems that make sense! Automated Logic is a total energy solutions provider. For more than 30 years, we have been dedicated to designing easy-to-use building automation systems that provide the highest possible energy efficiency, while ensuring occupant comfort. Through our global team of company branches and independently-owned dealers, we offer industry-leading technology with local, on-the-ground service that is hard to beat.
The Controls Engineer will be responsible for the complete engineering design of automatic temperature control and energy management systems. Also, the Controls Engineer will produce control schematics, wiring diagrams, sequences of operation, schedules, software design and bill of material lists by applying automatic temperature and energy management products in accordance with project specifications. Additionally, the Controls Engineer will review internal project estimates, contract (mechanical and electrical) plans and coordinate design requirements with field installation team members.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Use company or customer design standards to create project shop drawings per project documentation
- Attend the Sales to Operations Turnover Meeting and accept full responsibility for the project design documents
- Selects materials including DDC modules, field sensing and control devices, dampers and valves to meet the project requirements, specifications, codes and customer standards
- Submit material order forms for all project required materials to the purchasing group, if required
- Completes each assigned project focusing on customer satisfaction and specification compliance while trying to maintain budgetary guidelines; Identify all projects that do not meet the budget and itemize the budget variances
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with engineering design programs such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Visio, etc.
- Knowledge in DDC control theory and applications pertaining to the HVAC/Control preferred
- Prior experience in HVAC and/or Building Automation preferred
- Associate's Engineering degree with 5-10 years relevant experience
- Bachelor's Engineering degree with 2-5 years relevant experience
- Master's Engineering degree with 0-2 years relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.