Our team members are the heart of what makes us better.
At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Medical Secretary performs a variety of secretarial and administrative duties for the assigned physicians, section chiefs or chairman relating to the organization and management of the department.
A day in the life of a Medical Secretaryat Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Schedules appointments, meetings or conferences for departmental personnel utilizing interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling systems.
Enters inpatient and outpatient profession charges on medical billing system.
- Composes and prepares correspondences.
- Uses knowledge of medical terminology to transcribe patient information from written copy, electronic equipment or verbal direction.
- Files reports, prepares documents, and forwards correspondence.
- Prioritizes call through screening process; transfer calls, records messages and delivers to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews, screens and distributes daily mail correspondence to appropriate personnel.
Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
- Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals and files.
- Assists in coordination of special projects.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!