Are you an Advanced Practice Provider who loves an upbeat environment, then consider a career with us!
UPMC Hamot, Jamestown Primary Care is hiring a full-time PA or CRNP, for the Jamestown, NY site. The daylight position schedule is Monday through Friday. No call or weekend rotations, at this time. The role will primarily support family medicine services.
To provide clinical services to patients under the direction of a supervising physician. Follows established standards, procedures, and practices and gives specific patient care directions to nursing and other staff. The successful candidate will be placed according to years and months of experience for employment purposes.
- Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by understanding the needs of patients, their families, physicians and co-workers and doing what is required the first time, every time by being responsible, sensitive, accurate, timely, coordinated and thorough.
- Initiates quality assurance activities, policy/procedures and research activities. Performs laboratory and medical surveillance screening function to include, but not limited to, drawing of specimens and hearing and pulmonary function tests.
- Manages and provides care for assigned caseload in consultation with healthcare team providers following approved clinical protocols. Performs various types of examinations under the supervision of a physician.
- Performs clinical evaluations; assesses and diagnoses injury or illness as appropriate; plans, prescribes and implements follow up care utilizing established protocol.
- Possesses the ability to obtain and interpret information considering age specific needs.
- Provides formal and informal education to staff and identifies and implements ongoing staff development in area of specialty.
- Reviews patient labs and test results and informs of results in a timely manner. Assists in the triage of patient calls and clinical needs.
- Serves as a consultant to staff, physicians and patients. Conducts patient education and provides patients with discharge instructions.
Graduate of an approved Physician Assistant or CRNP Program with study and experience acceptable to the Pennsylvania State Board and Licensure Experience in area of specialty preferred
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Licensure as a Physician Assistant or CRNP in New York. CPR certification. ATLS Audit within one year of this. CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire. Must have NY License underway.
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Physician Assistant or Physician Assistant Osteopathic
- National Board Verification
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Job Type: Full-time
- Physician Assistant (Preferred)
- Certified Nurse Practitioner (Required)