Seattle Radiologists has an exciting opportunity for a PSR I to join our dynamic team! This is a great opportunity for those that thrive in a fast-paced environment and are eager to learn about radiology! Seattle Radiologists is an Imaging Center at Radia Inc. PS which is the largest Physician owned and operated Radiology group serving over 50 hospital and clinic partners through Washington, Idaho and Alaska.
The schedule for this role will be Monday - Friday (9:30am - 6:00pm). The PSR responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling: Performs professional, efficient, and accurate scheduling of all modalities and complex exams. (such as PET, Colons and Injections) Contacts referring physician if clinical information is needed.
- Greet Patients and Visitors: Greets patients and visitors to the imaging center with a smile. Provides inviting atmosphere; directs visitors appropriately and accompanies patients/visitors as needed.
- Customer Satisfaction: Understands the needs of our customers, effectively provides service and/or resolves problems, escalates issues to Supervisor or Manager as needed. Dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers, working to create a positive experience for all.
- Insurance Verification: Verifies insurance and potential necessity for pre-authorization. Determines appropriate insured, policy, group and billing addresses of primary, secondary, and tertiary insurances. Recognizes and follows MSP, ABN, and COB rules for each payer when applicable.
- Problem Identification: Identifies problem areas and challenges, and brings solutions to the attention of the Supervisor, or Manager. Will also serve as a designated “point person” for PSR staff, on an as needed bases, in the event the Supervisor is in meetings or away.
- Recordkeeping: Documents all eligibility and prior-authorization information in patient accounts and records, as needed.
Our ideal candidate
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing organizational need
- Ability to demonstrate a friendly, professional behavior with the ability to show compassion and excellent customer service
- Values team work, problem solving, engagement, and adaptability.
- Committed to delivering excellent customer service
- Punctual attendance
- Must be able to work cooperatively with employees, patients, supervisors and physicians
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- 1-3 years' experience preferred; Prefer work experience in radiology/health-related field
- 1-2 years in customer service-oriented environment preferred
- Medical reception, medical insurance, healthcare experience preferred
- Computer skills required for managing schedules and developing Standard Work Documents and protocols
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED): and one to two years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of coverage and requirements for private insurances and government payers
- Knowledge of HIPPA compliance and requirements
- General knowledge of radiology exams and procedures including: MRI, CT, Mammography, X-ray and Ultrasound preferred
- Completion of medical terminology course preferred
We offer market-competitive compensation and a full range of benefits, including:
- Two health plans to choose
- 401(k) with a profit-sharing component
- Paid Time Off, Sick Leave and 8 days of Holiday Pay
- Life and disability insurance
- Education Reimbursement
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Radia and applying online! Radia is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EEO.