The Applications Engineer is responsible for filtration sales support including working closely with the Filtration Sales Manager, Operations Manager and Estimators in the applications and designing of industrial filtration systems. This position requires an engineering background with knowledge in filtration and/or flow control systems. Responsibilities will also include providing sales support for regional managers and field service group. Some travel is required.
- BS degree in Engineering and/or Science is preferred but may be substituted with a well-rounded and documented technical background.
- Should be knowledgeable in separation technology and industrial environmental concerns.
- A working knowledge of ASME, API, ANSI, AWWA and other related codes is also desirable.
- Must have ability to effectively communicate with company and customer personnel.
- Must be a self-starter with a high degree of organizational skills.
- Must have strong mathematic background and proficiency in the use of MS Office products.
- Demonstrated sales experience also desirable.
- Experience working with filtration products such as filter presses, pressure leaf filters, backwash filters, liquid separation and process systems is preferred.
- Experience working within industries such as mining, gas & oil, water/waste, or food/beverage industries is a plus
- Work with customers and field sales force to select the best method of solids/liquid separation for a variety of applications. Sizing of filtration equipment including selection of system components such as skids, tanks, valves, pumps, and instrumentation to suit the environment and application.
- Design/Interpret P&ID schematics with sequence of operations.
- Development of accurate cost estimates for equipment, controls, and materials.
- Effective utilization of company standards in combination with coordination with other departments during quotation stage for scheduling, labor requirements, and manufacturing processes.
- Perform bench scale and pilot feasibility testing and analysis.
Job Type: Full-time