Midtown is looking for a Customer Support Representative to fulfill customer requests and administer technical aspects of customer service.
About Our Company
We work at Midtown to inspire people to transform their lives—and we do our job well. Our members stay longer than any other major athletic club chain in North America because we are committed to providing resort-like environments, personal attention, and strong communities at every one of our clubs. We believe all three of those pillars start with attracting and growing rock star talent at every level of our organization.
At Midtown, our promise is to inspire our members to transform their lives. To deliver on that promise Midtown believes in putting the customer at the center of every decision that we make. Our Customer Support Representatives lead the way by serving as the direct line of communication. As the Customer Support Representative, you will be responsible for providing a positive and easy member experience.
You will love this job if:
You are strong at collaborating and bringing people together. You listen intently and communicate clearly. You create a positive and professional experience in every interaction. You get excited when you receive or see great service.
As Customer Support Representative, you will:
· Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward members at all times
· Follow-up and complete member requests in a timely and accurate manner
· Close the loop with members across multiple communication channels
· Acknowledge and escalate member complaints
· Know our products and services inside and out in order to answer questions
· Process orders, forms, and requests
· Conduct routine contact and follow up with customers who have delinquent accounts to collect outstanding debt
· Handle incoming bookings and service inquiries for hotel reservations
· Keep records of customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints
· Assist in training junior Customer Support Representatives
· Troubleshoot common issues with workflows
· Work with team and other departments to find appropriate solutions
· High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
· Proficient with learning and using computer applications and software
· 4 years’ experience in customer service
· Capacity to find the positive in any situation
· Attentiveness and patience when handling tough cases.
· Eager to answer a high volume of calls, emails, and/or tickets daily
· Consistently strive to improve yourself and work processes.
· Passionate about working among a customer support team
Members of the Midtown team receive:
· Complimentary club membership
· Discounts on Midtown products and services
· Access to hundreds of free courses for professional development
· Health insurance for eligible full-time associates (30+ hours a week)
· And more
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.
MIDTOWN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $26.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60618: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Call center: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person