VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
VIAVI Solutions is seeking a motivated and creative Photolithography Specialist to join our engineering team in the area of photolithography, resist process, development, and patterning. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of photolithographic processes including resist preparation and development, refinement, documentation, patterning, metrology, and improvement for both R&D and production. The successful candidate will interact with a dynamic group of engineers, scientists, and vendors, primarily in a cleanroom environment, to optimize existing processes and work on new developments.
This position is located in West Henrietta, NY. VIAVI’s Rochester facility designs and manufactures micro-optical components for applications in 3D sensing, refractive and diffractive optics for consumer electronics, government, healthcare, and automotive markets.
- Photolithography of precision optical components.
- Utilize statistical tools and designed experiments to develop and optimize processes.
- Use of microscopes, profilometers and other data gathering equipment.
- Collect and analyze data, using travelers, logs, Filemaker database and Excel; maintain accurate documentation and records related to quality control and status of work in process.
- Work with other staff personnel to procure optical substrates; maintain supply inventory.
- QC substrates and materials received; apply and process photoresist onto substrates.
- Identify workflow, equipment, personnel, and material needs for new jobs;
- Maintain cleanroom; ensure environmental conditions are within tolerances and take corrective measures if necessary; ensure equipment complies with calibration tolerances and take corrective measures if necessary; ensure safety within clean room; inventory/purchase supplies.
- Utilize metrology equipment, such scatterometers for optical performance and white-light interferometers for profilometry, at various stages of process.
- Ongoing documentation of procedures.
- Wear appropriate clean room garments, including cleanroom suit, latex gloves, booties and mask.
- Spin-coating equipment; optical metrology equipment; mask aligner; optical surface metrology (white-light interferometer, such as Zygo NexView).
- B.S or AAS in related field. Experience in technical environment preferred but not required.
- Good laboratory and experimental skills.
- Experience in handling precision components, optics fabrication, or optical testing required.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving.
- Experience with computer-integrated instrumentation a plus; mechanical abilities a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools – Excel/Office.
- This position may require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen or National, U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, Refugee, or Temporary Resident granted amnesty.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
VIAVI Solutions is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Metrology Equipment: 3 years (Required)
- Lithography: 3 years (Required)
- Optical Coating: 3 years (Required)
- West Henrietta, NY 14586 (Required)