Department: Legal & Compliance
Job Title: ParalegalParalegal
Reporting to Deputy General CouncilDeputy General Council
Hours: FT/R M-F 8:30-5:00
Primary Purpose of the Position
The Paralegal works under the direction of the Deputy General Councilthe Deputy General Council to support attorneys and senior professionals in the departments with legal and contract administration, board and corporate governance, administrative support and ad hoc projects.
% of Time
· Ultimate responsibility for managing firm-wide contracts through intake, review, negotiation, execution and tracking.
· Assist in creating and maintaining contract clause manual for boilerplate contract language.
· Interface with internal business units in connection with contractual matters; interface with external legal counsel as needed.
· Track renewal and notice deadlines.
· Report status of current contract processes to management.
· Assisting in designing contract review and execution protocols
Board and Corporate Governance
· Prepare draft resolutions, agreements and legal documentation to support corporate governance for multiple corporate and fund entities.
· Coordinate fund and corporate Board meetings, including organizing and ensuring clear, consistent communication with board members to share relevant firm and business updates and manage information sharing.
· Managing the coordination of board meetings and the preparation and distribution of all necessary agendas and documents required for the meetings through Boardvantage.
· Facilitate the execution of corporate documentation with owners, board members and senior executive officers.
· Supports attorneys and business units with legal and regulatory affairs.
· Drafts legal documentation, including entity formation documents, corporate governance, offering documents, subscription agreements and advisory agreements.
· Maintains updates on rules and regulations within internal systems
· Maintains legal documentation per regulatory and business requirements in an organized and accessible fashion.
· Independently assists in or leads special and ad-hoc projects related to compliance and legal activities. Some projects may require the individual to take the lead role in managing a process or he/she may be the only resource responsible for the execution of the project. Work at times may be complex, cyclical, sensitive and confidential in nature and based on in-depth knowledge of business specific policies, processes and procedures.
· Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline the quality and efficiency of administrative work flowing through the departments. Aids management in the coordination and implementation of organizational change by supporting communication efforts.
· Updates and manages departmental content in internal data repositories.
· Creates and maintains written procedures related to such activities.
· Provides high-level support by performing administrative duties, including scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence, coordinating catering requests, compiling agendas, and managing JIRA workflows and tickets.
· Coordinates travel arrangements, processes expense reports
· Manages subscriptions, and submits vendor and outside counsel invoices.
· 3-5 years of paralegal support experience
· Advanced experience with Microsoft software applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe
· Must be creative and flexible, and have the ability to learn a variety of computer applications quickly
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Attention to detail and accuracy; the ability to spot errors and inconsistencies
· Ability to manage multiple assignments with specific deadlines
· Possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization
· A self-starter with the ability to follow through on assignments with little supervision
· Demonstrate the desire and ability to learn and grow with the business
· Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strength and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusion or processing
· Experience in legal or compliance department of a financial services institution
· AA degree in related field: business or law
· Familiarity with industry and FINRA, NFA and SEC registration rules
· Familiarity with Atlassian Confluence and/or JIRA, Microsoft Project, SAP Concur or other content, task, project and/or expense management systems
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: