Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
**Entry Level Medical Office Assistant**
Provides clerical and administrative support and coordinates the patient care activities for physician practice.
1. Ensures accuracy of patient's information, including demographics and insurance.
2. Performs reception of customers and communicates pleasantly and effectively.
3. Answers phones, routes calls, take messages, conveys information, and assures accurate communication.
4. Registers, verifies and schedules patient appointments, testing, and referrals.
5. Reschedules cancelled, no show, tickler appointments.
6. Processes record requests, including the copying, billing, charging and recording.
7. Collects co-pays and reconciles moneys for deposit.
8. Obtains and coordinates record retrieval for new and established patients.
9. Completes audits as assigned.
10. Performs intake and processing of medical records and other documentation and correspondence via eFax.
11. Presents a professional appearance and image.
12. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
MS Outlook, Data Entry, Excellent Communication Skills (written and verbal).
Practice Management System experience, Medical office experience, MS Excel.
Danbury-79 Sand Pit Rd
Variable shifts Monday through Friday and the occasional weekend ranging from 7am to 7pm.
DB PC Danbury
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.