Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive patient experience.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides essential inpatient, outpatient, and home-based services to more than one million New Yorkers every year in more than 70 locations across the city’s five boroughs.
1. Provides clinical and administrative supervision of the to the social work staff levels 1-2 in the assigned SUD/CATCH Programs.
2. Orients new social work staff and apprises incumbent staff of changes in policy, procedure, or standards related to the department and various in-house services.
3. Insures adequate coverage and continuity of patient care at all times.
4. Ensures staff documents all interventions and continuing care plans in the patient's medical record in accordance with departmental and hospital policies.
5. Coordinates staff activities to meet the needs of the department.
6. Participates in the formulation of standards, polices, and procedures for orientation, supervision and in-service training of social work staff.
7. Monitors staff activities to ensure compliance with all the above.
8. Assist workers with the coordination of interdisciplinary case conferences for and with patients.
9. Prepares Performance Evaluations of social work staff.
10. Provides information about and acts as linkage to available community resources.
11. Participates in the department's Performance Improvement meetings and projects.
12. Conducts chart monitoring as a member of the Department's Performance improvement activities.
13. Ensures staff documents all interventions and continuing care plans in the patient's medical record in accordance with departmental and hospital policies.
14. Maintains and completes statistics and reports.
15. Participates in clinical/administrative supervision with the department's administrator.
16. Conducts and/or attends individual, unit, departmental and intra/inter hospital meetings as mandated by the department's administrator.
17. Initiate and /or be part of the informal and formal counseling/disciplinary process for staff under their supervision.
18. Participates in the department's cross-training program.
19. Carries a case load for the in-patient/ ED SUD programs.
20. Documents all interventions in the EMR as required.
21. Provides continuity of care and aftercare f/u beyond admission.
22. Will provide individual or group therapy to patients receiving services through Chemical Dependency department as needed.
23. Performs other social work functions as assigned by the social work administration.
1. A valid Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) license issued by the New York State Education Department and one year of full-time satisfactory post-licensure experience utilizing one or a combination of casework, group work and community organization methodologies.
2. Masters Degree.
How To Apply
Please apply directly to the job via our careers website at: careers.nychhc.org (job # 39910)
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, retirement and pension plans, paid time off, professional development, and an employee perks program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $57,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan