- Masters degree and currently enrolled in an accredited university psychometrics PhD program
- Experience with programming in R or Python
Amazon Web Services Certification Team is looking for a Data Scientist Intern to support new initiatives in rapid examination item development, develop innovative exam item types, and analyze certification exam performance data. Academic and/or practical background in Psychometrics with an understanding of assessment in certification and licensure are particularly relevant for this position. Experience in examination development, Automated Item Generation, and analysis of exam item performance metrics is also a plus.
o Work closely with Certification Product Management, Exam Development, and Subject Matter Experts on the Certification Team to create computerized item models and alternate item formats.
o Support pilot testing of new exam-related initiatives
o Run statistical analyzes on exam results to analyze performance metrics and perform health checks
o Use data analyses and statistical techniques to develop and analyze the outcome of pilot programs
o Make recommendations to examination development and delivery based on data analysis
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, including a strong working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of examination item and forms development
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills
- Problem solving ability and passion for big data
- Experience working with high stakes certification testing programs
- Knowledge of Psychometrics
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.