Position Purpose: Responsible for assisting IVF Lab Manager with all duties associated with production in the IVF Lab, as well as data entry and communication with other team members.
- Oocyte searching and grading for maturation.
- Fertilization and culture plate preparation.
- Semen handling and preparation for IVF.
- Fertilization of oocytes.
- Assist in maintaining semen inventory.
- Embryo stripping and culture.
- IVF embryo grading and loading for transfer or shipping.
- Embryo Freezing.
- Recordkeeping/Data Entry.
- Assist in Quality Control and lab cleanliness.
- Maintain good laboratory technique and follow lab protocols.
- Follow Trans Ova’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain a professional image reflective of Trans Ova’s industry position.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
B.S. in Animal Science or a related field; or a Veterinary Technician degree.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Ability to sit for long periods of time behind a microscope, in a sterile lab setting. Ability to work under a laminar flow hood. Some travel may be required.
Prior hands on experience in bovine oocyte / embryo grading preferred.
Good hand to eye coordination.
Strong attention to detail and organization