Founded in 2008, ASG has made a name for itself by offering superior service, quality workmanship and a hassle-free experience for our clients, and their customers. Based in Holmdel, N.J., with a strong presence in New York and operations in 20 states, ASG can deliver everything telecom companies require to run the “last mile” of cable to a residential or commercial property — from right-of-way to engineering design and construction. We plan, design and build solutions that allow telecom providers to bring the next generation of voice, video and Internet services to new customers.
We are looking for Engineering Technicians to join our team. ASG provides paid training in all the necessary programs to prepare technical drawings, specifications of fiber optic systems, or topographical maps to ensure that work conforms to standards and client requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares routine drafting projects, such as the preparation of various drawings of structures and equipment systems derived from layouts and sketches.
- Follows established technical specifications to prepare drawings and assists in design drafting.
- Consults with engineers regarding model accuracy, design, and drafting standards.
- Job may also include traveling to commissioned work sites and surveying the area.
- Engineering Techs may be responsible for client and customer contact and obtaining permission to visit the commissioned sites.
- May also be responsible for drawing up schematics immediately following a field survey.
- Works under immediate supervision.
- Provide Quality Assurance to projects.
- Site work experience that includes detailed review of an area to capture all existing utilities, all adjacent structures, detailed measurements and the path to extend facilities for our client a plus, but not a requirement.
- Experience with Autodesk AutoCAD software a plus
- Ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings
- Ability to manage, organize and layout drawing requirements
- Understanding architectural and construction detailing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
- Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced high volume work environment
- Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
- Ability to be on-call, as needed.
- Work independently under minimal supervision
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering: 1 year
- Telecommunications: 1 year