Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, the Warehouse Order Selector will assemble and select cases from pick slots for store orders daily in an accurate, efficient, productive manner and assembles order onto plastic pallets using a Talkman and pallet jack.
- Prepares and loads voice template into Talkman unit for specific warehouse selecting location
- Performs visual and operational vehicle safety inspections and reports any unsafe vehicles to shift supervisor or maintenance personnel
- Responsible for ensuring that all cases and pallets are properly identified with the correct store number
- Performs count/exception on pick slot locations if quantities are less than requested by Talkman
- Secures selected cases and conducts final pallet preparations by wrapping selected load and applying shipping labels
- Prepares and places assembled case pick pallets and moves assembled pallets from picking areas to a dock door or staging area
- Observes, reports and corrects (when appropriate) all unsafe and unsanitary conditions that could cause employee and/or customer accidents
- Comply with OSHA standards
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work environment
- Perform other duties as assigned, may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
Qualifications & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent
- Requires ability to work independently
- Must be able to work varied schedule including weekend and early morning shifts
- Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
- Tools and Technology Required: Computer, Talkman and Pallet Jack
- Considerable knowledge of warehouse quad layout system
- Working knowledge of all safety rules and safety procedures
- Working knowledge of the WIN system as applied to Talkman
- Working knowledge of the WIN system as applied to LTO & Loading
- Working skill in operating 870 RF units and 960 units
- Working knowledge of inbound/outbound process
- Considerable skill in efficiently lifting, stacking and building quality pallets
- Skill in operating warehouse equipment: i.e.; Pallet Jack (double and triple), Hi-lift, RC
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop and lift up to and including 60 lbs frequently and 80 lbs occasionally
- Skill in meeting production standards set by the company
- Working skill in troubleshooting Talkman
- Skill in communicating effectively with supervisors and department managers
- Able to work in spaces with 55 inches of headroom
- Ability to work in a 32 degree to 40 degree F environment (temperature varies within each department) for long periods of time
- Ability to work any shift including weekends
- Ability to handle empty pallets weighing up to 60 pounds
- Ability to read and perform basic math functions
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.