Realogy has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Applications Architect.
You're joining a growing teach team that leads within an Agile Environment. You'll configure, develop, test and implement software solutions built using Microsoft and other technologies. Working with Development Teams, you'll ensure they adhere to department's standards and best practices, including answering any questions regarding the standards and best practices and performing code reviews to verify adherence. You'll also utilize best practices in SOA, Service Oriented Architecture.
In this role, you'll focus on solutioning for new and existing software components. You'll leverage emerging technologies such as MS Azure and Amazon AWS. Our solutions are often architected for the cloud or hybrid cloud environments.
You'll also perform requirements analysis, alternative solutions, impact analysis, and solution comparisons. Ensure that solutions properly integrate with the existing application portfolio and follows industry best practices.
The role will drive these responsibilities:
Your background includes:
- Validate business requirements as presented and work collaboratively to design the application and/or product solution in support of these requirements.
- Develop and specify end-to-end solutions aligned with the RFG Reference Architecture and delivered using a common set of processes and tools.
- Provide application solution consulting to the business community, vendors, etc.
- Lead the design and documentation of the application architecture of the solution. The architectural description should reflect the multiple viewpoints and concerns of the stakeholders.
- Document and present the solutions to Senior-level management.
- Plan the design, development, integration, test and implementation of all application architectural components. Ensure the application design enables testing and considers system management and operational support.
- Participate in the definition and launch of application development projects and lead technical reviews and health checks at appropriate project milestones.
- Identify opportunities for the harvesting and reuse of application components
- Plan the design, development, integration and implementation of all architectural components of the application solution that:
- Reflect a best-practices approach to the execution of business processes
- Are global in scope but that also reflect required regional variations
- Enforce the reuse of standards, leverage tools, application frameworks and components, practices and approved technologies
- Optimize cost structures
- Meet security and privacy standards and regulatory requirements
- Document dependencies between application architectural components.
- Identify risks and provide solutions to a specific area or architectural component.
- Assess impact of component changes to proposed architectures and/or business direction as required. Participate in the management of change.
- Monitor market trends and the recommendations of standards bodies to ensure that RFG is positioned to define appropriate application architecture (e.g, SOA)
- Maximize reuse of standard services and capabilities
- Adhere to software engineering standards and best practice (e.g. ANSI/IEEE Std 1471-2000, CMMI, SWEBOK)
- Provide technical leadership, mentor others and provide succession planning
- Collaborate with Realogy colleagues and ensure knowledge sharing
- Support PM/Delivery Manager in planning of security component of the program
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
- 10 + years of programming, design and architecture experience of mid to large scale systems and applications.
- Working knowledge of various off-the-shelf and hosted application suites like Oracle e-Business suite, SAP, SharePoint, SalesForce.com, Siebel, Microsoft Dynamics, Documentum, Hyperion, Informatica, Cognos, etc.
- Prior experience working with major relational database environments like Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of software development life cycle and methodologies.
- Excellent data analysis, design and user-interface capabilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment.